Indiana County Bar Scholarship
- Eligibility. Any person with a history of residency in Indiana County prior to high school graduation who is currently a college senior or college graduate accepted into or currently enrolled in an accredited law school of the American Bar Association.
- Criteria/factors for consideration.
- Financial need
- Academic merit
- Demonstrated character
- Other factors deemed relevant to committee
- Application requirements.
- College transcripts
- Acceptance letter or written confirmation of current enrollment in accredited law school
- Letter of interest from applicant
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal interview of applicant by committee
- Amount of scholarship. Amount awarded on an annual basis, the scholarship amount shall be $2,500 per year.
By June 1st, any interested applicant must submit the above required documents along with a letter specifically addressing eligibility and criteria/factors for consideration as set forth above to:
Michael J. Supinka, Esquire
983 Philadelphia Street
Indiana, Pennsylvania, 15701
Scholarship will be awarded no later than August 1st.
Pro Bono Protection from Abuse
The ICBA administers a Pro Bono Protection from Abuse Program where volunteer attorneys provide representation to victims under the Protection from Abuse Act and the Protection of Victims of Sexual Violence or Intimidation Act. The attorney’s role is limited to the representation of victims at the initial hearings, usually scheduled every Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. at the Indiana County Courthouse. Please note that the ICBA does not schedule these hearings, please contact Court Administration at 724-465-3955 for further information.
Laurel Legal Services
Twice a month, Laurel Legal assists Indiana County to provide free civil legal representation to qualified low-income clients. Visit their website or download this flyer to learn more about their services.
Indiana County Legal Journal
Indiana Law Journal
Owned & Published Weekly by the Indiana County Bar Association
52 N. Seventh Street
c/o Linda Porter
Indiana, Pennsylvania 15701
Annual Subscription: $36.00 — Single Copies: $1.00
Board of View
(Court Approved Panel)
- Julia Trimarchi, Esquire, Editor
- Michael Supinka, Esquire
- Robert Kane
- Larry Wood
- Edward Onderick
- David Moore
For questions on legal representation, contact one of our attorney’s offices directly.
Indiana County Bar Association
c/o Prothonotary and Clerk of Courts
Indiana County Courthouse
825 Philadelphia St.
Indiana, PA 15701
Helpful Links & Resources
Continuing Legal Education
Indiana County Courthouse
PA Bar Association
PA Web Portal